August 2 Meeting
- Honey Preparation for Fair Shows, Darrell Hampton, FCBA Member
- Cooking with Honey, Elaine Styers, FCBA Member
- The Medicinal Properties of Propolis, Antonina Whaples, clinical herbalist and owner of Kindred Spirits on Trade Street
July Bee Yard Report
Highlights: Sourwood honey production
Every 10 days or so,
- check supers, move less full peripheral super frames in, and add an additional super if necessary (existing super is over 2/3 full and has some caps)
At end of Sourwood honey flow (after 7/25 - last week),
- harvest Sourwood supers, bring home, dry, and extract
- return hives from Mountains at dusk
- markedly entrance reduce weak hives to prevent robbing
- check broodnest/queen once (at end of flow)
- feed wet combs back to bees, and then
- store dry supers under Paramoth
Blossoming: Sourwood to 7/25; Clover to 7/25; Coreopsis, 7/25 - 10/8
World Beekeeping News
Even Morgan Freeman's voice is no match for a balloon full of helium! On Thursday's Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fal...
LITTLE ROCK (KATV) - Over the last few years, news reports, documentaries, even magazines, have all featured the pl...
A pair of related bills that would allow beekeeping on lots of at least 5,000 square feet may be voted on by Spring...