August 2 Meeting
- Honey Preparation for Fair Shows, Darrell Hampton, FCBA Member
- Cooking with Honey, Elaine Styers, FCBA Member
- The Medicinal Properties of Propolis, Antonina Whaples, clinical herbalist and owner of Kindred Spirits on Trade Street
July Bee Yard Report
Highlights: Sourwood honey production
Every 10 days or so,
- check supers, move less full peripheral super frames in, and add an additional super if necessary (existing super is over 2/3 full and has some caps)
At end of Sourwood honey flow (after 7/25 - last week),
- harvest Sourwood supers, bring home, dry, and extract
- return hives from Mountains at dusk
- markedly entrance reduce weak hives to prevent robbing
- check broodnest/queen once (at end of flow)
- feed wet combs back to bees, and then
- store dry supers under Paramoth
Blossoming: Sourwood to 7/25; Clover to 7/25; Coreopsis, 7/25 - 10/8
World Beekeeping News
Tanzania is expected to host the first ever African symposium on beekeeping in November this year with a focus on s...
BEEKEEPING is making impressive headway in Tanzania after the Prime Minister, Mr Mizengo Pinda, has won internation...
I'm not sure. I need to hear more about the issue. After hearing earlier this year from residents who wanted to all...